Sampling Plans for Generalized Pareto Distribution
In this paper, two sampling plans have been discussed, when the lifetime of the items follows the generalized Pareto distribution, Chain Sampling Plan (ChSP-1) and an improved group acceptance sampling plan (IGASP) using weighted binomial.The minimum number of sample size (n) and minimum number of groups (g) are obtained for two plans respectively. The plans are explain with the help of examples whereas the proposed plan compared with Aslam et al. (2010). The results and comparison are discussed with the help of tables and figure. It observed that sometime proposed plan Improved group acceptance sampling plan (IGASP) using weighted binomial, when the lifetime of the test items followsgeneralized Pareto distribution showed better results than existing plan, under the same parameter settings.
2. Aslam, M., and Jun, C.-H., (2009a). Group acceptance sampling plans for truncated life tests based on the inverse Rayleigh distribution and log-logistic distribution. Pakistan Journal of Statistics,25, 107-119.
3. Aslam, M.,and Jun, C.-H., (2009b). A group acceptance sampling plan for truncated life test having Weibull distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics,39, 1021-1027.
4. Aslam, M., Mughal, A. R., Ahmed, A. and ZafarYab, M. (2010a). Group acceptance sampling plan Pareto distribution of the second kind. Journal of Testing and Evaluation, 38(2), 1-8.
5. Aslam, M., Ahmad,M.andMughal,A.R. (2010). Group Acceptance Sampling Plan for Lifetime Data Using Generalized Pareto DistributionPakistan JournalCommer. Soc. Sci., 4 (2), 185-193.
6. Aslam, M., Shoaib, M., and Khan, H.(2011). Improved group acceptance sampling plan for Dagum Distribution under percentiles lifetime. Communication of the Korean Statistical Society,18(4),403-411.
7. Naqvi I.B., and Bashir S.(2016) An improved group acceptance sampling plan for weighted binomial on time truncated testing strategy using multiple testers: exponential distributed lifetime, Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics,8(2),1283-1289.
8. Ramaswamy A. R., Jayasri, S. (2013). Time Truncated Chain Sampling Plans for Marshall-Olkin Extended Exponential Distributions. Journal of Mathematics (IOSR-JM),5(1),1-5.
Copyright (c) 2019 Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
TRANSFER OF COPYRIGHT
JPRM is pleased to undertake the publication of your contribution to Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics.
The copyright to this article is transferred to JPRM(including without limitation, the right to publish the work in whole or in part in any and all forms of media, now or hereafter known) effective if and when the article is accepted for publication thus granting JPRM all rights for the work so that both parties may be protected from the consequences of unauthorized use.