An Improved group acceptance sampling plan for weighted binomial on time truncated testing strategy: Inverse Rayleigh Distribution
This paper elucidate an Improved group acceptance sampling plan (IGASP) using weighted binomial, when the lifetime of the test items follows invers Rayleigh distribution. The optimum numbers of group are obtained for pre-defined parameters, acceptance number, quality levels, for different levels of consumer risk. The proposed plan compared with Naqvi and Bashir (2016). The results and comparison are discussed with the help of tables and figures. It observed that sometime proposed plan showed better results than existing plan, under the same parameter settings.
1. Amburajan, P, Ramaswamy, S.(2015). A group acceptance sampling plan for weighted binomial on truncated tests using exponential and weibull distributions. Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics,2(1),80-88.
2. Aslam, M., and Jun, C.-H., (2009a). Group acceptance sampling plans for truncated life tests based on the inverse Rayleigh distribution and log-logistic distribution. Pakistan Journal of Statistics, 25, 107-119.
3. Aslam, M.,and Jun, C.-H., (2009b). A group acceptance sampling plan for truncated life test having Weibull distribution. Journal of Applied Statistics, 39, 1021-1027.
4. Aslam, M., Jun,C.-H., Lee, H., Ahmed, M., Rasool, M.(2011). Improved group sampling plans based on truncated life tests. The Chilean Journal of Statistics,2(1),85-97
5. Aslam, M., Shoaib, M., and Khan, H.(2011). Improved group acceptance sampling plan for Dagum Distribution under percentiles lifetime. Communication of the Korean Statistical Society,18(4),403-411.
6. Naqvi I.B., and Bashir S.(2016) An improved group acceptance sampling plan for weighted binomial on time truncated testing strategy using multiple testers: exponential distributed lifetime, Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics,8(2). 1283-1289.
7. Radhakrishna R. and Alagirisamy , K.(2011a). Construction of Group Acceptance sampling Plan using Weighted binomial Distribution. International Journal of Recent Scientific Research, 2(6).
8. Radhakrishna R. and Alagirisamy , K.(2011b). Construction of Group Acceptance sampling Plan using log logistic and Weighted binomial Distribution. International Journal of industrial engineering and technology, 3(3),259-265.
9. Radhakrishna R. and Alagirisamy , K.(2011c). Construction of group acceptance sampling Plan indexed through six sigma quality levels and Pareto Distribution. Research India Publication,5(3),203-208.
10. Radhakrishna R. and Alagirisamy , K.(2012). Construction of group acceptance sampling Plan indexed through indifference quality level and inverse Rayleigh distribution. Elixir Statistics, 47,8996-8998.
11. Rosaiah, K., Kantam, R.R.L.(2005). Acceptance sampling plan based on the inverse rayleigh distribution. Economic Quality Control,20,277-286
12. Radhakrishna Rao C., (1977). A Natural Example of a weighted binomial distribution. The American statistician,31(1).
Copyright (c) 2019 Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
TRANSFER OF COPYRIGHT
JPRM is pleased to undertake the publication of your contribution to Journal of Progressive Research in Mathematics.
The copyright to this article is transferred to JPRM(including without limitation, the right to publish the work in whole or in part in any and all forms of media, now or hereafter known) effective if and when the article is accepted for publication thus granting JPRM all rights for the work so that both parties may be protected from the consequences of unauthorized use.